Terms and manner of accommodation
1. GRID HOTEL ****, (hereinafter referred to as the “hotel”) is authorised to accommodate only a guest who has properly checked in. For this purpose, immediately after arrival the guest shall present to the receptionist a national identity card or other identity card, a passport or another travel document in accordance with the Act on the Stay of Foreigners in the Czech Republic.
2. Each guest who is not a citizen of the Czech Republic (who is a foreigner) is required in accordance with the Act on the Stay of Foreigners in the Czech Republic to complete and hand over at the reception an official document of registration of stay, in which the guest is required to provide truthful and complete information.
3. Based on an arrangement for accommodation ordered by the guest and confirmed in writing by the hotel, on the date of arrival the guest may check in between 2 p.m. and midnight. Until such time, the hotel will reserve a room for the guest, unless another request has been specified in the order and confirmed by the hotel.
4. A guest who checks in before 6 a.m. and/or insists on check-in before 10 a.m. shall be required to pay the full price also for the previous night, unless the guest and the hotel agree otherwise in advance.
5. Each guest accommodated at the GRID HOTEL **** shall check out by 11 a.m. By that time, the guest shall also vacate the room, unless the hotel and the guest have agreed in advance on other arrangements. If the guest does not vacate the room by the set time, the hotel shall be entitled to charge for the entire subsequent day, unless the parties have agreed in advance on other arrangements. The room will be considered vacated as soon as the guest removes all of his/her items from the room, hands over the key to an entrusted employee of the hotel and announces check-out. The hotel reserves the right to check the inventory of the room (furniture, appliances, forgotten items) and the guest’s payments and consumption, within 1 hour from when the guest vacates the room. The hotel shall not be liable for tangible property taken into the room by the guest after the guest has vacated the room or after the accommodation relationship between the hotel and the guest ends. If the guest does not vacate the room, the hotel reserves the right to prevent the guest from accessing the room, and if the guest does not pay fees for boarding or other amounts owed, then the hotel may exercise a retention right to any items brought into the room by the guest.
6. If the guest requests extension of stay, the hotel may at its own discretion offer a different room with a different rate than that of the original room. In such case the guest shall not be entitled to stay in the room originally occupied or to accommodation in another room, if such accommodation is not possible due to capacity or operating reasons.
7. The hotel reserves the right in exceptional circumstances to offer a guest different accommodation than originally agreed upon, if it does not significantly differ from the accommodation specified in the confirmed order.
8. The hotel shall provide services to its guests in the extent in which they have been agreed upon and in the extent allowed or required by applicable law. The guest shall be required to pay fees for accommodation and provided services in accordance with the hotel’s rate list no later than on the date when accommodation ends. This shall not affect payment terms based on accommodation agreements. The rate list for services during previous accommodation and other services may be viewed at the hotel reception.
9. The guest is required to adapt his/her stay at the hotel to his/her health condition and physical and mental abilities at the time.
10. The hotel reserves the right to refuse to accommodate a guest if the guest’s attire and/or behaviour does not correspond to good morals, if the guest is apparently under the influence of alcohol or other psychotropic substances or if the guest and/or the guest’s clothing or luggage is excessively dirty.
Payments for provided accommodation, cancellation fees
10. The guest is required to pay the fees for accommodation and provided services in accordance with the valid rate list, but no later than on the last day of stay based on a presented bill, along with settlement of any advance deposits provided by the guest.
11. The hotel reserves the right to require at the time of registration that the guest pay an advance of 30% to 100% of the price of accommodation. A reservation for accommodation shall become binding after an advance deposit has been received in the hotel’s account, unless the parties agree on different arrangements.
12. If the length of stay is shortened or if the guest makes any other changes, the hotel shall be entitled to charge the guest the full amount (100%) of the agreed price for the entire length of stay.
13. The hotel shall be entitled to bill cancellation fees as well as to apply any advance deposits toward their payment, if the guest cancels the reservation in writing, electronically or by phone under the following conditions:
– In the event of a cancellation of a reservation more than 90 days in advance of the guest’s scheduled first day of stay, the cancellation fee shall amount to 50% of the paid advance.
– In the event of cancellation of a reservation less than 90 days before the guest’s scheduled first day of stay, inclusive, the cancellation fee shall amount to 100% of the paid advance.
These conditions shall apply unless the hotel and the guest have agreed in advance on different arrangements.
Hotel’s and guest’s responsibilities
14. The hotel shall be liable for damages caused to items brought into the accommodation parts of the hotel to the extent required by applicable legislation.
15. The hotel provides guests with safes in the rooms and recommends that guests place valuables in them. Placement of any items into the safe in a room cannot be considered acceptance of such items into the hotel’s custody.
16. The hotel staff shall familiarise the guest with the value of the inventory in the room/suite. The guest shall be liable for any damage caused to equipment and/or inventory in the accommodation facilities in pursuant to applicable legislation. In the event of damage or destruction of the hotel’s property, the hotel shall be entitled to compensation for damages. The value of the inventory is specified in a written record located at the reception. It is in the guest’s interest to become informed about the contents of the written record, in the event of ruin or damage to the equipment/furnishings in the room. The guest as a legal representative shall be liable for damages caused by minors for whom the guest is responsible as well as for damages caused by persons or animals whom the guest has allowed to stay in the accommodation facilities.
17. In the event of damage to the hotel’s property caused by the guest, the guest shall be required to compensate for caused damages at the latest on the last day of the guest’s stay or based on an invoice issued within 14 days from the last day of the guest’s stay, which must be paid within 10 days from its delivery to the guest, assuming that the hotel decides on such method of compensation for damages. The hotel is authorised to block and withdraw such billed amounts from the guest’s credit/debit card.
18. Laundry. The hotel reserves the right to refuse to clean/treat any laundry that is excessively soiled or damaged. The dry cleaning facility shall not be liable for any disruption in colouring (eco-friendly colours), buttons or adornments damaged during the cleaning process. Compensation for damage or losses for which the dry cleaning facility is at fault may reach a maximum of five times the price for cleaning or washing of particular laundry.
19. The hotel shall not be liable for theft and/or damage to motor vehicles left in the hotel’s parking lot. The hotel recommends that guests ensure that their vehicles are properly locked and secured. It also does not recommend leaving personal items in a vehicle. The hotel shall not be liable for any damage caused by a guest to third parties in the parking lot. The hotel also reserves the right to bill and require payment for damages caused to the facility’s property by the guest’s vehicle.
20. The guest is required to act in a manner that prevents harm to health, property and/or the environment. Prior to leaving the room, the guest is required to close the windows, shut off water taps, switch off electrical appliances and lock the room.
21. The hotel shall not be liable for any damages caused outside of the hotel’s reserved premises and zone.
Catering and sale of alcoholic beverages
22. Consumption of alcohol in the accommodation facilities is permitted for persons who have reached at least the age of 18, but only items on the drink or wine menus of the hotel.
23. The guest is not authorised to bring into the room any alcoholic beverages or other food/drink products purchased anywhere other than at the hotel.
24. The guest is required to familiarise the hotel staff with any serious health or dietary limitations by reporting them to the reception.
25. The staff are entitled to refuse to serve alcoholic beverages to persons under the age of 18 or to persons apparently under the influence of alcohol.
26. The hotel shall provide breakfast at the GRID BUFFET restaurant during the periods of time specified by the hotel staff.
27. All rooms in the hotel include mini bars, which each guest may use at his/her own discretion. The prices and services are specified in the price list for the mini bar. Mini bars are replenished daily by the hotel staff. Each consumed or re-added item in the mini bar is recorded on a check list by the room service staff.
28. The completed check list for the mini bar, or the blank check list if the guest has not consumed anything from the mini bar, must be signed and handed over to the reception by the guest at check-out time. Otherwise, the guest’s bill cannot be closed. By signing the check list, the guest confirms the amounts consumed. The hotel is not required when the guest checks out to check the status and number of items in the mini bar.
29. In the event of any discrepancies in consumption from the mini bar, the guest will be billed the owed amount. Later complaints by the guest regarding the amounts of consumption will not be taken into consideration. The hotel is authorised to block and withdraw such billed amounts from the guest’s credit/debit card.